Pacproinc designs and manufactures food packaging and processing equipment. Over the years, our company has distinguished itself as a trusted partner and leader among the key players in the food packaging industry. Our ability to provide a full range of well-designed, proven solutions tailored to our customer’s needs along with 24/7 service sets us apart. Pacproinc continually finds innovative ways to reduce labor costs, increase production and add value to our end users’ products.
Pacproinc offers many interesting career opportunities, all of which encourage growth and development and contribute to the success of the company. The development and promotion of talent is a high priority at Pacpro.
Pacproinc has a great opportunity for a Production Planner to join our Team!
The Production Planner is responsible for maintaining daily production schedules and capacity plans. Interfaces with engineering, production, and sales to meet completion dates. Provides leadership for the planning and execution of production plans while balancing capacity with demand.
- Prepares and executes production schedules in a timely manner to meet demand and delivery goals.
- Reviews daily MRP suggestions, firms planned production orders, and prints drawings and travelers to accompany the work orders.
- Leads the production planning process on site, communicating with production and all other functions to ensure plans meet all customer commitments.
- Rushes production orders that are needed in less than normal lead time to improve the shortfall between the current plan and requirements to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Work with engineering and production to assign accurate routings which detail the method of manufacture of a particular item, including operations to be performed, their sequence, the various work centers involved, and the standards for setup and run times.
- Manages shop load report for planned work scheduled and actual work released to various work centers for a specific period.
- Effectively utilize existing ERP system to accurately plan production and reflect correct standards, resources, and work centers
- Production reporting and status control including manufacturing order authorization, release, acceptance, operation start, delay reporting, scrap and rework reporting, and order close-out.
- Three years’ experience in production planning, or five years related manufacturing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field. Combination of education and experience may be considered in place of a college degree.
- Ability to monitor progress and make changes to the production schedule as required to keep projects on time and the schedule accurate.
- Able to identify resource requirements and deadlines and anticipate important or critical events.
- Understand standards (time measurement) and operations strategy to ensure necessary resources are available to meet customer objectives.
- Knowledge of various scheduling techniques (forward, backward, make to order, make to stock, etc.).
- Maintains a high comfort level using ERP software from a production/engineering/inventory control perspective within a manufacturing environment.
- Expert proficiency using Excel.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work with supervisors, machinists, assemblers, technicians, and engineers.
- Willingness and ability to identify opportunities for improvement and make suggestions for change.
If this excites you, then Pacproinc is where you’ll want to continue your career. Submit your most recent resume.
Pacproinc is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EOE/M/F/Vets/Disabled) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Souderton, PA 18964: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- Are you comfortable signing a Non-Disclosure Agreement also known as NDA?
- Are you comfortable with taking a drug and background screening run by our preferred vendor Checkr?
- How many years experience do you have in production planning?
- How many years experience do you have in manufacturing?
- Do you have knowledge of various scheduling techniques (forward, backward, make to order, make to stock, etc.)?
- Do you have a high comfort level using ERP software from a production/engineering/inventory control perspective within a manufacturing environment?
- Are you an expert in Excel?
- Do you have experience working with supervisors, machinists, assemblers, technicians, and engineers?
Work Location: One location