R&D Engineering Manager
Pacproinc designs and manufactures food packaging and processing equipment. Over the years, our company has distinguished itself as a trusted partner and leader among the key players in the food packaging industry. Our ability to provide a full range of well-designed, proven solutions tailored to our customer’s needs along with 24/7 service sets us apart. Pacproinc continually finds innovative ways to reduce labor costs, increase production and add value to our end users’ products.
Pacproinc offers many interesting career opportunities, all of which encourage growth and development and contribute to the success of the company. The development and promotion of talent is a high priority at Pacpro.
Pacproinc has a great opportunity for an R&D Engineering Manager to join our Team!
The Engineering Manager is responsible for all the company’s applications and new product development functions to meet new product development goals. This position is responsible for leading Applications Engineering, R&D Engineering, collaborating with ETO/MTO Engineering and other high-level projects as needed. This role is a hands-on position managing the workflow of all R&D and new product development projects.
- Ability to translate new ideas into design concepts, and support/defend ideas based upon engineering principles and customer requirements.
- Ability to own a solution and see new designs through completion.
- Strives to improve efficiency and sustainability of processes and product designs, and to reduce waste.
- Manages the R&D/New Product Development workflow through the engineering department.
- Oversees preliminary design work necessary to determine feasibility of proposed concepts.
- Collaborates on estimates for projects for quotations and proposal drawings.
- Reviews equipment contracts/engineering specifications and determines what must be done.
- Responsible for identifying problems and finding solutions for any design issue in the company’s equipment.
- Collaborates on drawing standards, processes, procedures, and policies for the engineering department.
- Pursue ongoing training classes in the food industry, engineering, and general management fields.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Experience in a conveyor-based machine-building environment.
- Experience in a food processing environment preferred.
- SolidWorks experience preferred.
- Experience designing/working with stainless steel a plus.
- Experience leading engineering teams in the development of new products, solutions, and processes required.
- Natural ability to manage projects and to oversee the new product development efforts of the company
- Innovative mindset to come up with creative solutions to budget constraints or product design challenges.
If this excites you, then Pacproinc is where you’ll want to continue your career. Submit your most recent resume.
Pacproinc is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EOE/M/F/Vets/Disabled) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Souderton, PA 18964: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Will you require visa sponsorship now or in the future?
Work Location: One location